We get a bunch of hits from people looking for information about refinishing floors, choosing between satin & semi-gloss poly, etc. All our floor refinishing posts are listed under the “JDL Floors” category but I thought listing them all in one place would be easier.
Our floors were 130 year old pine planks of varying widths and original to the home. While we briefly considered doing it ourselves, we chose to hire a professional (JDL Flooring) and are VERY glad we did. They were able to do it faster & more efficiently than we ever could, all for a very reasonable price. We had all 3 floors of our living area done, so about 1300 square feet in total.
Without further adieu, I give you . . . FLOOR REFINISHING! dun-duh-DUUNNN!!
- Pre-Refinishing Floor Prep
- Refinishing Day 1: Sanding & Stain Choices
- Refinishing Day 2: More Sanding & Stain Color Options
- Satin or Semi: Which Should We Pick?
- Satin or Semi: The Results
- Stain Color Revealed
- Stain Before the Poly
- Floors After
- Review: JDL Flooring & Things I Wish I’d Known
Hope you find this helpful!