This was supposed to come yesterday but this weekend (& yesterday) really flew by.
In an effort to make my August 1 deadline for the garden apartment, things have been kicked into high gear. Not a night goes by without something productive happening.
- walls were spackled
- spackle was sanded
- multiple times
- the entire apartment was cleaned top to bottom with a shop vac, then bleach
- the walls & ceiling were primed
- the kitchen island was partially demoed (not basement related but it’s keeping me sane)
- a giant piece of butcher block was purchased for aforementioned island
- the walls & ceiling got a top coat
- then a second coat
- the backyard was massively cleaned up (with the new addition of tomato & basil plants)
- the tree was trimmed so it doesn’t hit the back of the house anymore
- and 128 feet of baseboards were purchased
More detailed posts will come when I can take a few more moments and download the pictures from the camera.
In the meantime, I will continue to walk around the 8 – 16′ pieces of baseboard that have taken up residence in my center hall.
For the sake of perspective, you should realize that my entire house is only 35′ long at its longest point. That said, I will gladly walk around it and forgo standing in front of my sink for a few more days because it means 1 thing – progress is being made. Huzzah!
Now if we can just work on finding a tenant. . .