Finally some success with the plaster washers! After our experience in the bedroom & parlor I was starting to lose hope.
Before we purchased the plaster washers, I spent some time groping our walls to find the squishy spots.
I found the walls in what will be our closet are in pretty good shape, especially compared to some of the other walls in our house.
There was one squishy spot around this crack/bulge.
The plaster washers – FINALLY – worked.
Screwed into the lathe, they really seem to firm the wall up.
The first coat of spackle is up. Now we need to sand, spackle & repeat. What a titillating endeavor.
So that’s where we are in the closet. We’re not quite at the “after” shot yet but that’s not surprising. Several projects are in progress but at least we’re moving in the right direction.
I had never heard of these plaster washers….good idea to keep in my back pocket for future reno’s
I saw on this old house after they used plaster washers and a thin coat of spackle, they put screen over all if it and then ran spackle over that, hmmm
I’ve seen that too! The screen ads some structural stability to the plaster, if the wall needs it.