Last week’s post has been motivating me to get to it already with the spackling & the painting.
The main wall is still a spackle work-in-progress. The pipe dream is to sand down tonight and get another coat on so I can do a final sand tomorrow and prime. Maybe????
Probably not. But maybe.
In the meantime, the 24″ upper cabinet in the nook between the dining room & kitchen got painted. Well, the side cover panels just got primed.
But the top little cover panel got primer & 2 coats! (OooooOOOOOOooo!)
The doors – for both the 24″ nook upper & the 36″ upper – are primed and halfway painted. The fronts need 2 coats but the backs are done.
The 36″ upper cabinet is primed & has 2 coats of paint, so that’s done. (Something’s done!!)
It wasn’t until I ordered the pulls for the all the doors & drawers that I realized how much more cabinetry there is in this kitchen (as opposed to the old configuration).
And with it – how much there was to paint.
That’s the number.
This kitchen has 37 doors & drawers that need pulls. THIRTY.SEVEN.
The “before” kitchen?
Which is I guess what happens with only 4 upper cabinets and exactly zero lower cabinets.
I did the math last night.
Of those 37 doors & drawers –
- 31 will be painted
- 6 fronts are stainless steel (best choice ever)
- 15 fronts are on base cabinets (and therefore already painted)
- 16 are on upper cabinets
- 4 of which I’m painting now
- Leaving 12 doors for me to still paint. Plus the entire main wall of actual cabinetry.
Part of me feels like I should just break out the sprayer already.
Part of me doesn’t want to deal with the setup/tenting or waste that much paint (mostly cause then I’ll have to buy more).
I also kind of like the brush strokes look. It feels more hand-done. Honest. True to the character of the house.
I should probably get over that.