Bedside Tables

A few weeks ago, I posted about our bedside tables that I was making.

DSC_0330

Well I finally got around to finishing them up.

DSC_0400

See, we only have about 12″ on either side of our bed.

DSC_0361

Everything I found in the stores was wider than we had space for.

DSC_0379

So I made something. Of course.

DSC_0388

I started by thinking about our needs. It needed to:

• Be 12″ or less wide
  • Hold a laptop
  • Have a place to charge our peripherals
  • Have a place to hold all the other random little crap we need at hand
  • Not have so much storage it becomes a catchall for anything we don’t know where else to put

DSC_0393

Our laptops can either sit on top of the tables or in the first shelf. The basket holds little essentials like the remotes, extra chargers, & cough drops.

DSC_0404

My phone fits nicely next to the basket and all the wires come in from the pre-existing holes on the interior sides of each table. Both shelves are also lined with the same fabric as the bedskirt & {eventually} headboard.

DSC_0376

I like how they curve back on the sides.

DSC_0405

Can you tell what they’re made out of??

About these ads
This entry was posted in 3rd floor, bedrooms, furniture and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Bedside Tables

1. MOM A says:

I know I know!!!!! But I had the advantage of being with you when you bought the parts, so I’ll let others take a guess. They look fabulous!!!!!!!!!

2. priscilla says:

ikea stuff? magazine holder thingys and a table base.

3. Mom Liv says:

These came out so cool!! Love the way you think outside the box…

4. caitie says:

the practicality/design of these is making my head hurt it’s so awesome.

it’s also making me feel guilty about how MESSY and miscellaneous my night stand is. oy.

5. Sue says:

Frosta stool legs and the wooden mag holders. Great job. I would never have thought to combine them but I really like how they have turned out. (from a previously very silent reader who loves what you have done!)

6. Pingback: Reclaimed Home: Green Low Impact Housing Renovation of New York, Brooklyn, New Jersey

7. Ken says:

Love the charging ports in the sides of the tables for the Apple goodness!

8. Sara says:

I will never look at magazine holders the same again! Brillz!

9. Lily says:

Be-UTIFUL!
    You’re a talented gal!

10. Ha! I didn’t realize what they were made out of until you asked. The magazine holders created a nice shape!

11. Kim says:

Are they magazine holders?

Very cute.

We only had 12 inches next to our beds, too, and I searched high and low for tables. I’m still not loving ours, but they’ll work for now. =)

12. Very cool. They look a little bit like baby grand pianos, which is cute.

13. LindsB says:

Such a great idea for a small space! I hate seeing chargers around and this is the perfect thing to hide them- love it!

14. Pingback: Bedding Overload « brick city love

15. Pingback: The Master Bedroom « brick city love

16. Jolene says:

I love your idea, and am currently hunting down pieces to do it myself! I’m curious though, what did you use for the base? I looked at the comments, and looked for a Frosta base, but it seems (at least online) that IKEA doesn’t have those anymore, was it that or something else? Thanks so much!