Bedside Tables

A few weeks ago, I posted about our bedside tables that I was making.

Well I finally got around to finishing them up.

See, we only have about 12″ on either side of our bed.

Everything I found in the stores was wider than we had space for.

So I made something. Of course.

I started by thinking about our needs. It needed to:

• Be 12″ or less wide
  • Hold a laptop
  • Have a place to charge our peripherals
  • Have a place to hold all the other random little crap we need at hand
  • Not have so much storage it becomes a catchall for anything we don’t know where else to put

Our laptops can either sit on top of the tables or in the first shelf. The basket holds little essentials like the remotes, extra chargers, & cough drops.

My phone fits nicely next to the basket and all the wires come in from the pre-existing holes on the interior sides of each table. Both shelves are also lined with the same fabric as the bedskirt & {eventually} headboard.

I like how they curve back on the sides.

Can you tell what they’re made out of??

This entry was posted in 3rd floor, bedrooms, furniture and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Bedside Tables

1. MOM A says:

I know I know!!!!! But I had the advantage of being with you when you bought the parts, so I’ll let others take a guess. They look fabulous!!!!!!!!!

2. priscilla says:

ikea stuff? magazine holder thingys and a table base.

3. Mom Liv says:

These came out so cool!! Love the way you think outside the box…

4. caitie says:

the practicality/design of these is making my head hurt it’s so awesome.

it’s also making me feel guilty about how MESSY and miscellaneous my night stand is. oy.

5. Sue says:

Frosta stool legs and the wooden mag holders. Great job. I would never have thought to combine them but I really like how they have turned out. (from a previously very silent reader who loves what you have done!)

6. Pingback: Reclaimed Home: Green Low Impact Housing Renovation of New York, Brooklyn, New Jersey

7. Ken says:

Love the charging ports in the sides of the tables for the Apple goodness!

8. Sara says:

I will never look at magazine holders the same again! Brillz!

9. Lily says:

You’re a talented gal!

10. Ha! I didn’t realize what they were made out of until you asked. The magazine holders created a nice shape!

11. Kim says:

Are they magazine holders?

Very cute.

We only had 12 inches next to our beds, too, and I searched high and low for tables. I’m still not loving ours, but they’ll work for now. =)

12. Very cool. They look a little bit like baby grand pianos, which is cute.

13. LindsB says:

Such a great idea for a small space! I hate seeing chargers around and this is the perfect thing to hide them- love it!

14. Pingback: Bedding Overload « brick city love

15. Pingback: The Master Bedroom « brick city love

16. Jolene says:

I love your idea, and am currently hunting down pieces to do it myself! I’m curious though, what did you use for the base? I looked at the comments, and looked for a Frosta base, but it seems (at least online) that IKEA doesn’t have those anymore, was it that or something else? Thanks so much!

17. Deborah says:

can u plz tell me where u got ur magazine holders?!?! Thanks

18. Socorro says:

Smart idea! I do have a base that can serve as the legs but where can I find the wood magazine holders? Please, help!

19. Pingback: DIY Ideas With Magazine Storage Box - Flux Decor