12:47am: Time to call it a night.
The back door for the garden unit is finally hung but still not done. Every time I cross something off my list, I notice 2 more things that need to be added.
- Replace electric outlets
- Buy 4 outlet box cover
- Figure out why the switch that was working isn’t anymore
- Buy unbreakable 4 outlet box cover
- Decode wiring for GFCI outlet (because the old one was wired SO wrong)
- Figure out how to install outlet in a broken box (part where you screw it in is broken)
- Install all new covers
I’m just now noticing the splotches of blood, dirt, and 3 different kinds of caulk smeared all over my jeans. Before today, these were normal, go-out-with-friends, wear-to-work-on-Fridays jeans. Not anymore. Unless I can get the blood out.
Managed to cut the same finger twice today. I’m not usually that clumsy but “haste makes wastes”, as my grandmother would say. Knocked a glass off the counter with my elbow while cleaning my caulk smearing tool.
I added “clean up glass” to my to do list.
While I was cleaning up the glass, I had to add:
- Put on shoes
- Find vacuum cleaner
- Be more careful picking up chunks of glass
- Clean up blood
- Use vacuum cleaner
- Don’t drip blood on pants. Too late.
My current feelings about this darling garden unit are probably best summed up by an annoying sheep puppet –